Palm has several ways to manage your battery life.
From Settings > Battery, you can access a menu for deeper control on the battery consumption of your device.
Power Saving Mode
Power saving mode reduces screen brightness, adjusts sleep time, turns off connections to networks, Bluetooth, and GPS. It also limits vibrations and background data, and turns off automatic data sync. To turn Power Saving Mode On/Off:
- Access device settings.
- Tap Battery > Power saving mode.
- Tap the switch to turn On/Off.
If you tap on "Power Saving Mode" you can access a menu to control when your Palm automatically turns on "Power Saving Mode". By default it is set to 20%.
From the Battery menu, you can select apps to be disabled from the background when not in use. Select the apps you want to optimize, then tap "Save Battery" to improve battery performance.
Below this, you can view which apps have previously been optimized and control the settings for each.
- Optimized apps: View apps that have been optimized for maximum battery life.
- Never optimize: View apps that should never be optimized for battery life.
In the Advanced Settings Menu, you can toggle things such as:
- Adaptive Brightness: Choose whether or not your device will adapt screen brightness based on environment
- Battery percentage: Controls whether or not the device displays the battery % in the status bar
- Sleep: Sets how quickly your Palm sleeps the screen after inactivity.
Additional power-saving tips:
Palm was designed to help you live in the moment and minimize the distraction of our devices. Life Mode is a key feature to Palm and can drastically extend the battery life of your device to get up to a full day of use.